As if paramedics don’t do enough for us already. But the awesome people at Yorkshire Ambulance Service deliver free first aid courses in the community as well.
And I am begging you to take up their offer. You really really don’t think it’s going to happen to you.
And before you know it, your baby stops breathing and bleeds from the nose and mouth and is in need of resuscitation.
Yes, that happened to me. And thank God, thank the NHS, thank Yorkshire Ambulance Service and thank First Aid, that my baby is now a happy giggling 11-month-old.
So to make it even easier for my Yorkshire friends, followers and for all – I am hosting a free first aid course on February 12th 2016 in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. All welcome but please book by going to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1528424024122836/
Or to host or attend another first aid course, check out: http://www.firstaid-yas.co.uk/
The free 2.5 hour course covers:
- How to recognise a Suspected Heart Attack
- How, when and why to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to perform Hands-Only Chest Compressions (CPR)
- How, when and why to place an Unconscious Breathing person in the Recovery Position
- How to recognise and deal with a Choking Situation
- How to deal with Life-Threatening or Serious Bleeding
(Adult – Child – Baby protocols will be shown)